corners of my home

It was a bit worrisome here today with a sick horse. As I was finishing a walk around the hayfield and down the lane, I saw a large brown lump in the pasture. It was our pony Jessica laying sprawled out; she loves to lay down and sunbathe from time to time, but this was not at all the same. I managed to coax her up, and after an hour of walking her, she seemed to be doing better. The vet had some suggestions and hopefully she will be feeling her old self soon.

Another picture from my daughter's room for today's corner. A yard sale table is her desk and the chair was originally from my grandfather's tavern which he ran over 50 years ago. I made a slipcover for her to match the duvet cover.

The little needlepoint cushion that hangs from the closet door is a project from Decorative Victorian Needlework by Elizabeth Bradley. I love her designs and her books are beautiful...

Thanks for the kind comments on the hot pad tutorial!