my Christmas vacation #1

Happy New Year!!
And thank you everyone for your kind wishes and comments. We had a good Christmas and New Year's here (with my birthday thrown in as well), and I especially enjoyed the week in between. No more rushing around ~ plenty of time to relax and enjoy some day trips, flea market shopping, sewing, knitting, crafting, and winter walks...and of course, the eating of waaaay too many Christmas cookies!

One of my projects for the New Year was to work on my planner. Around the internet, I've seen these wonderful journals and such made from old books and decided to use that idea. An old French lesson book and some binder rings became my new cover. I used some scrapbooking paper I had on hand to line the inside of the covers. Some pages out of an old art calendar became dividers, which I labeled using my P-Touch.

Every year I purchase refill pages, but this year in an effort to be more frugal, I decided to print up my own. I found this site online, where you can print out a variety of calendar and planner pages. Because I didn't think ahead, I failed to print on both sides of a page. So, I stitched every two together on my sewing machine, creating a pocket to stash any pertinent notes or papers. I found some Martha Stewart tabs at Michael's for the months...
Since I just use a monthly planner, it's not too bulky. I also have sections for menus, cleaning routines, address book, notes, to do lists, projects, etc.
So far (well, only two days, I know!), it is working out great. Most of all, I love it because it's unique!