Labor Day weekend...

I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Most of our weekend was rainy but yesterday the sun came out and we enjoyed a beautiful day here with family. My husband and I were up early and off to the flea market, and then in the afternoon we had family over for dinner ~ marinated chicken tenderloins on the grill, oven roasted garlic potatoes with thyme & rosemary, artisan bread, and tomato, mozzarella & basil salad. For dessert, my mom made a yummy chocolate pizza which the kids loved, and I made the Gateau Moelleux au Chocolat [french chocolate cake] that Clarice posted here a while back on her blog. It is delicious!!!!

I came home from the flea market with a bag of fabrics and this pair of curtains below ~ a tote bag maybe?...

Here are the fabrics I got...some mini prints, some vintage, a linen calendar towel, and a couple reproduction vintage childrens prints...

I also picked up this vintage tablecloth and a bag of zippers for 25 cents...

Last week, I think, Copper's Wife asked how I dry my hydrangeas, so here is a shot of them drying right now in my dining room...

I like to wait til late in the summer before I cut them; that just seems to work better for me. Then I just attach a rubber band to a small bunch of them and hang. I don't spray them with a preservative only because I'm not really familiar with any. My dried hydrangeas do lose their color over time and I have often wondered if there is a product that would prevent that?

Have a great day!!!